Monday, May 14, 2012

Chubby Pop

Today is a very busy day so only time for a quick post.

 

In the world of cheap weird soft drinks in Canada, I give the crown to “Chubby”  it comes in tiny chubby bottles and is present in most of the grocery stores that I visited.

 

in addition to the standard flavours, like cola, grape, etc… Chubby has a few rather unique treats waiting for you.

 

First up there is “Cotton Candy”  I tried this and it is pretty good.  I thought it tasted quite a bit like cream soda.  I guess its not a hard taste to copy, essentially it is sugar+carbonated water+sugar+sugar+pink+sugar.  The result is a very very sweet drink that feels more like eating candy than drinking something.  This is one of those pops that I can enjoy, but have to have water immediately afterwards to wash all the sticky sweetness off my teeth.

 

CIMG0204

 

The other exotic flavour I saw on offer was “Kola Champagne.”  This tastes like neither cola nor champagne.

 

My only regret is that I can’t un-drink it.

 

CIMG0205

No comments: